Friday, April 30, 2010

LIfe is Better with Sunshine

Today is looking like a beautiful day outside.  As much as I would love to have my windows open, catching all the fresh downtown air one could get, I'm electing to keep my windows closed because of a little thing called Major Allergies.  Pollen count is unusually high here this year and my reaction has been wicked.  I very much wish it was Saturday today, so that I could walk to the market, find some plants to plant in my sad little pots and grow some herbs and maybe a tomato plant.  Tomorrow is Saturday, but it's supposed to rain.

Instead, I think I will walk around my neighbourhood and enjoy the nice weather while it is here.  As it is already 69 degrees at 10:30am, I'm sure it's going to be a hot day today.  I'm sad that MG and I had a little bit of a tiff and he decided not to come for a visit.  I would very much have liked to walk around with him.  Every time he's been here, it's been rainy and cold.  Plus, sunshine puts me in an awesome mood.  And today is Final Friday...all the merchants, galleries and shops on Main Street stay open a wee bit later today and the cool people come down to check them out.  It would have been a fun prelude to some late night drinks and other shenanigans.  

In other news, I had an awesome couple come check out my condo.  I really liked them and hope they will rent it.  If they do, they will have to be in by the end of May.  Meaning I will have to be out by the end of May.  I'm confident that I can find a relatively inexpensive place to live that is decent.  I have a lot of connections.  Even if I can't do month to month, or even a 6 month lease, I guess if I have to do a year lease and then have to move because of a job, it wouldn't be too terribly expensive to break the lease.  In a way, I'm excited about living in a smaller, simpler space.  On the other  hand, now that my place is terrifically clean (I'm going to try really, really hard to keep it that way), and I've moved some furniture, I really am loving my place.  The cats love it more too, I think.  Fiona happily lazes on a chair in full sunshine all morning.  Portia lolls, her big fat catness sleepily spilled on the bamboo floor.

Yesterday, I once again realised what fabulous friends I have.  Even a new friend I have made, sent me encouragement about the bad day I was having.  I only hope that I can return the favours to the friends who put up with my angst and worry yesterday, regarding the little tiff MG and I had.  

Since I did so much connecting, applying and other such stuff earlier this week, in preparation for MG's landing here, I still am going to give myself an easy day today.  I plan to stroll around, wishing I had a camera, taking in all the sites and sounds.  I'll stop by the bakery; carbs are always good when your heart hurts.  And maybe even the wine store.  Although, I will probably just look at the wine.  Tomorrow, if the weather is nice, there is a market tour I'll be going on, given by a good, new friend of mine.  Then, an orchestra concert of another friend later in the evening.  I'm looking forward to keeping busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment