Sunday, May 2, 2010

It all comes out in the wash sooner or later

I have a sudden, awful urge to eat a whole bag of peanut butter cups and drink a whole bottle of wine, all by myself.  Yes, PB & Chocolate and sleep inducing alcohol are my vices and my comforts.  It's a dull grey, rainy and cool day.  I've been able to distract myself through most of the weekend, but now I'm unable to come up with distractions for myself.

MG left me an odd voice mail, explaining why he isn't ready to talk to me.  I find this highly suspect, as it is quite unlike him to be this way, and have decided that I should suspect him of finding other female attentions.  I can't say that I'm crushed, or even really angry.  Day 4 into stonewall silence does nothing to endear him to me any further and in fact, rather detracts from his attractiveness.  And, I suppose I'm not altogether too surprised by what I consider normal male behaviour, as sad as that is. 

Okay, now I'm angry.  I suppose I've now gotten through the whole denial stage and I'm onto angry.  The weekend was not, however, a complete loss.  I enjoyed the company of some new friends on Friday night and hopefully I did not keep them out too late.  Saturday night, I enjoyed an orchestra concert, followed by a house party for the orchestra people, and met a hilariously blunt and honest bloke, who is a violinist in the orchestra.  It was refreshing to just enjoy the company of friends.

And, that is all that is my life: disappointment, rejection, wash down with alcohol and friend, rinse and repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment