Thursday, May 13, 2010

Big Decisions

So, I made a very big decision today.  It's been a long time coming, so voila, here it is: I'm moving out of my condo by July 1st.  I've committed to it and hired someone to do the leg work for me for a discounted fee, of course.  It remains to be seen where I shall be living after that.  It is entirely dependent on my job situation.  If I have none, I imagine I'll still be here.  I have, however, given some thought to moving directly to a city where I'd like to live, even sans job.  The cats are going to be sent to my parents' house for a little while until I get settled in a permanent spot. 

I could potentially have a 3 or so month contract gig in Atlanta by that time.  A colleague there contacted me and asked about my availability.  I'm available, so long as a full time opportunity doesn't come first.  I do have one decent thing in the fire here, it's just a matter of waiting....first for interviews, then for any decisions. 

In the meantime, I guess I'll be packing and purging and continuing the search and connection-making.  What a grand life.

No comments:

Post a Comment