Tuesday, May 11, 2010

totally random musings

I'm not really feeling too inspired to write, but I suppose it's best to maintain appearances and such.  After a few long weeks of making a lot of new connections and applying for a myriad of jobs, I'm ready for kind of a break.  I expect to be scheduling 2 interviews soon and now it's just a waiting game of when will I hear from them.  Both are local.  I also just had a recruiter call and chat with me about a position in Minneapolis.  This would have been nice if MG were still around.  Since it is a step back with no paid relocation, I am imagining this might not be the position for me.  I will, however, just let the hiring manager decide if he wants to pursue it further. 

I read an article about the number of jobs added in the last month and I have to say I can definitely tell the job market is opening up a little bit.  There are more jobs out there for which I can apply that would fit my level of experience and expertise.  I have to start checking my voice mails because I'm actually getting calls now.  I even touched base again with the Boston firm which had to turn me down recently; I haven't hear back yet.  I've decided that Boston might be a good place for me to go... obviously, I'm concentrating on my love life as much as my job search and since I want to be there for grad school anyways... I'm not sure why or how it takes 9 months to figure this out.  But as far as I can tell, I think Boston would have a great selection for me, based on my personal preferences.

In other news, I feel like most people I know are either getting married, having babies, buying houses or other such things.  It's not that I feel that I need to do these things because others are doing them...and I've already bought a house...but I do feel it's time for me to have another more long-term relationship.  Since my very first which lasted two and a half years, nothing since has lasted more than five or six months.  This makes me feel somewhat retarded in the dating category, but I'm not going to blame myself entirely.  I'll partially blame two blokes who moved away (no hard feelings), and the availability, or lack thereof, of the type of man I'm looking for here in this city.  I'm not really sure what "normal" is in this regard, but I met someone who seemed to think it wasn't normal.  

But this is how it goes for me: Meet bloke.  Bloke is very interested.  Bloke suddenly isn't interested any more.  I really don't get boring after a week or a few months, honestly.  I don't expect anyone to be in love with me in that short amount of time.  I am always somewhat skeptical of someone's intentions.  I'm not really sure what my problem is.  I do feel that when I have a job again, dating will be easier and less awkward.  Oh, what do you do?  Ummm....in career transition?  Uh....oh.  Okay.  Moving right along.  Although I think this is more accepted for me as a woman, than perhaps if I were a man.  

And speaking of houses, I've decided that with these two potential positions locally, I'll stay here and not make a decision until June 1 about whether or not I'll rent it out.  Although, I figure that neither hiring decision will likely be made by that time frame.  Decisions, decisions.  

And so goes my day... it's lunch time, or close enough to lunch time....


No comments:

Post a Comment