Monday, July 19, 2010

Have you ever felt too hot, lazy and unmotivated to do anything other than lay on the couch and sleep?  That is pretty much how I feel today.  I think I lost some sleep time this weekend.  While I got totally stood up by the Kid...he even called to say he was on his way but never showed up...I still didn't go to bed until 3:30am on Saturday night/Sunday morning and then I was up by about 10am or so.  And last night, I guess it was more like around 2am and I was up by 9am.  

I do have some work to do today, however, and some calls to make and a few follow-ups to do.  But as usual, I think that writing a blog post was more fun and energizing.  Also, this is energizing:


This is the stuff that has been keeping me hydrated.  I remember from my days in Brasil that during a long day on the beach, in the sun, laying in a hammock and maybe eating shrimp and a casquinha if you can find one, you have probably also been offered several aguas de coco....coconut water, straight from the coconut.  If there is a coconut tree right near your hammock, you probably saw someone scramble up it, chop off a coconut and hack off the top and insert a straw.  If you're smart, you will drink a lot of these in order to keep yourself hydrated. 

Coconut water has more electrolytes than leading sports drinks and more potassium than two bananas.  It is also a very natural way to keep yourself hydrated.  Sometimes it takes a bit to get used to the flavour, so I generally purchase the kind with pineapple flavour and of course, chilled is much better than warm, in my opinion.  

So, stay cool and stay hydrated.


No comments:

Post a Comment