Saturday, July 17, 2010

Where, oh where did my patience go?

Readers, forgive me, it has been two days since my last post.  It seems like two weeks.  Last night I hung out with my NYC bestie.  We got some wine and cheese and hung around her place.  I elected to spend the night on her very comfy and fashionable sofa/futon thing.  I really did not feel like going home.

Today I spent some time shopping at Macy's since they were having a huge one day sale.  While doing my laundry this morning I looked at my unmentionables and they all had holes where holes shouldn't be and I thought about the last time I had bought new ones.  I could not remember.  Hence the trip to Macy's near Herald Square.

Everyone who did not exit the city this weekend was headed downtown.  Construction was going on at my usually 110th Street subway stop, so I walked down to 96th Street, then transferred to the Q.  It was so crazy full, I kept passing cars and deciding that, as small as I am, I was not going to fit.  I finally found a me-sized spot and hopped on.  Unfortunately, tall people co-exist with short people and on stuffed subway cars, this can lead to getting elbowed in the head.  I said, "Ouch!" because it hurt and all the dude had to say was, Sorry.  Not even, Are you ok?  

Whatever.  This was to set a precedence for the day.  I had the most amazing luck exiting the subway to appear directly in front of each of my destinations, without planning it, and the worst luck getting pushed, elbowed, walked on, shoved, backed into and whatever other atrocity busy subway and retail shopping meccas could afford to bestow upon me.  I totally got rude and annoyed in response to such invasions of my personal space and well-being.  My polite Midwest nice has been disappeared. It took precisely 37 days.

Next week, I will be headed to Atlanta for...wait for it...an interview.  I am very excited about this opportunity and in preparation, am watching ATL while typing this particular post.  Ha ha ha.  It was purely coincidental that it is on BET right now and nothing else worth watching, so I though I'd do some homework.

I also think I am getting stood up or getting the brush off for this evening.  I was supposed to hang out with the Bengali last night but we both kind of had other plans and then we agreed to hang out tonight but now I can't get a hold of him to make plans.  It's all good though.  I feel like having a quiet, low-key night anyways.  And my feet hurt because I had to walk back from 96th Street to 109th.  

In other news, it seems that Fiona hides from her care taker, except when he brings over a hand held vacuum and turns it on.  Apparently she is quite fascinated by it and comes out as soon as he turns it on.  I also have 2 people looking at my condo tomorrow and my sister has decided to get married at the end of the month after all, so I will be travelling to Portland, ME for the weekend.  

Well...feeding time again, and I am thirsty in this ridiculous heat, so... keep it real, I'll be back soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment