Sunday, July 18, 2010

What Happens After Dark in NYC?

So, since I was updating my Facebook status like every half hour tonight, I thought I should just blog about my hot date tonight...with myself and almost the NYFD.  

Mr. Hottie decided to check in via text at 7:30pm by saying, "Hey, how's it going?"  And told me not to be mad if he didn't reply right away because he was in Long Island with poor reception.  Funny thing is, I am pretty sure that anywhere as populous as Long Island probably has decent if not good coverage.  So I asked if he was blowing me off.  Oh no, babe and hun... ha ha ha. Sorry, I am 29 years old, babe and honey don't work on me any more.  He wasn't blowing me off, he was helping a friend out, but he would be home by 11pm.  But he would make it up to me.  The funny thing is, I really don't care enough for this to bother me.  I kind of can't wait to tell him off.  I am getting mean in my old age.  

So, I am watching BET...movie night.  And there is a Christmas movie on right now.  Wow, how lame do I have to be to be watching a Christmas movie on a Saturday night at midnight?  Somewhere between shopping for shoes online and Googling "pumpkin gnocchi in NYC" I decided that it was snack time (yes, I feed a lot when I am bored or sad or homesick), so I remembered I had some popcorn and that last time I made it, it could have been in a little longer.  The popcorn button had said 3.5, so I figured if I popped it for just over three and half minutes there wouldn't be so many old maids. 

The flaw in this logic lies in the popcorn button saying 3.5 but not necessarily meaning 3.5 minutes.  When I stopped the microwave about a minute early and opened it, smokey steam was emanating and as soon as I opened the bag, the same just poured out and soon the kitchen was filled with a burnt popcorn smokey haze.  I panicked a little and climbed into the sink and onto the backsplash/ledge to open the window.  I hope no pigeons fly in as they have been known to do.  Then I put the fan on high and I am hoping that eventually, the burnt popcorn smell will fade.

I have uh, encountered a pot smoke haze here once or twice, so I guess my little episode of the evening is payback.  Payback, I hear, is a bitch.

Oh, and while searching for pumpkin gnocchi, I did come across a warm hazelnut chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream and pistachio anglaise cream at Spiga.  I may have to visit Spiga before I leave if for no other reason than I love Italian food and Via Spiga.  Yes, I know there aren't any Via Spiga shoes there, but wouldn't it be great if there were?  

No comments:

Post a Comment