Thursday, July 15, 2010

Homesick...Wha ??? Me?!

Yes, I am feeling desperately, madly homesick today.  Why?  I don't know why.  I just think it is one of those things that you feel after oh...35 days away from home.  I cannot believe it has been 35 days already!  It seems like time has just flown right by and that it has been only two weeks or so.  I miss my kittens.  I miss the sandy beach of....Michigan.  Oh, yes, that is how homesick I am.  MICHIGAN HOMESICK! 

I have been fantasizing all day about digging sand on Lake Michigan with my nieces.  Of course, I have also been daydreaming about taking my oldest niece to see Mary Poppins on Broadway.  I have really come to love the city, everything that it has to offer, my new friends, but honestly, there is just nothing like being settled, having your own cats curled up with you, knowing where all the good hang out spots are and being able to call on dozens of friends at any given time to come hang out with you.

When I left Michigan three and a half years ago, I only had one friend.  Yep, true story.  I missed him a lot, but we both moved to other cities to start lives there.  Leaving Cincinnati has been much different.  I understand how you can get so attached to people, your friends.  I see what it is like to look at Facebook and see everyone's lives moving on, in an amazing demonstration of constant progress and movement.  I love to see what they are doing, but am not there to do it with them!  I see FB posts of what my favourite, local bars are doing...the events, the specials, the hotdog of the day at Senate....it all seems so familiar and so distant. 


No comments:

Post a Comment