Sunday, July 4, 2010

Pictures


Larry and Mo, the pigeons who make the window ledge of our apartment their home.  Once they flew into the apartment.


My view from the couch where I update my blog and search for jobs.



One half of my room.



The other half of my room.

I have decided to stay in for the day.  I am using the excuse that, even though it is a holiday, it is so hot out (95 degrees) and anywhere I go in the city, it is liable to be crowded and I just don't feel like being swamped by thousands of hot, sweaty people in a sweltering city.  I debated going to fireworks, but just being in huge crowds in a relatively unknown place, by myself, does not appeal to me.  

So...I have been watching tele, took a nap and bought some cereal and ice cream.  I am not much of an ice cream fan, but I do like Ben and Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar ice cream and it was really hot out.  I am trying to keep up with my water consumption so I don't get dehydrated.  

In job search news, last week and this week will be slow because of the holidays.  I was submitted for a position at a National Ratings Service, but it was closed with a 6 month contract, but there will be 2 more positions instead.  I've also been submitted at a large firm based in Chicago which has a compliance position in their asset management division here in NYC.  They are a good firm to work for and pay well.  My original resume submission apparently got lost and had to be resent.  

Right now, everything is slow in the business.  Vacations and summer will definitely get in the way of hiring.  I am hoping that I will receive some kind of news on interviews this week, but realistically, it will probably be next week.  

A phone interview that I had this past Tuesday went well and the hiring manager commented that I have a great resume and shouldn't have trouble getting hired.  I'm not sure if that indicates he isn't interested in my experience for his role.  With all of the regulatory reform about to take place, there should be a greater need for compliance officers.  I'm continuing to update all of my online resumes with my NYC address and I also got a call about a possible contract position in Newark, NJ.  They want me to come in for an interview and I will have to follow up with them next week to schedule it.  And, it is 38a-1 compliance.  

I have 2 months of certain unemployment benefits remaining, so I am racing against the clock.  I need to rent my condo and find a job.  I'd settle for just finding a job right now.  I miss working so much.  I miss putting on a crisp suit, my tall heels and walking down the street, outwardly confident and self-assured.  I miss the excitement I get from reviewing business practices, reading new regulations and amendments, interpreting them, developing forensic testing and writing reports.  

It's going to happen soon.  Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment