Wednesday, August 4, 2010

150-something posts later...

...and I can say I am officially employed!!  I have been keeping very mum about the whole thing, although I did refer once or twice to the opportunity.  While I am immensely happy and excited about this, my dream job, it hasn't all really hit me yet.  

On August 23, I will begin working with my colleague and mentor, in a VP/Compliance Analyst position for a mutual fund complex.  I will be moving to Atlanta, GA for the opportunity and couldn't be happier to be in the south.  Okay, so really it is all about being among a lot of black men.

Thank you so much to everyone who has supported me, kept up with me and prayed for me during this long, difficult year.  I am definitely a different person than when I started this blog and grateful to have finally found such an amazing opportunity to continue my career.  

I went on interviews while I was in NYC for this position.  I had also gone on an interview to Boston and they were the most brutal interviews I had ever been through in my life.  A pop Portuguese quiz even, from the director of the LATAM (Latin American) offices.  Turns out my Portuguese was better.  Although, I am fairly certain I failed the logic test, in which I also had to show my work.  I may have gotten the right answers, but probably through my own creative logic that made sense to no one else.  But having had that experience just helped me to see that, when I got to Atlanta, that job was going to be the right choice.  I love how that worked out; I was so worried I would have to choose between two great jobs, but fortunately the path was quite clear.

I am looking forward to starting a new chapter in Atlanta a week after my 30th birthday.  I don't know too many people there, just as I did not when I came to the Queen City, so it will again be a challenge, but one that I know I can easily conquer.  In fact, that is the least of my worries.  I am more concerned with finding housing and moving.  And, since I sold my car, I am going to have to buy a new one.

There is much to do between now and then, so for now, I bid adieu.  I am not sure I will continue to blog, although I could change the name of the blog and turn it into the Real Single Lady of Atlanta.... who knows.  Thanks for reading and thanks for your support...it has meant a lot knowing that perfect strangers read what I have to say.


1 comment: