Sunday, August 29, 2010

Final Post: Scenes from Employment

Yes, this is indeed my last post.  As I start my wonderful new job and life here below the Mason-Dixon line, I have come to find that I have much less time or inclination to continue blogging under this title.  It is time for a new chapter and a new blog...maybe.  

But first, a little bit about what it is like to be employed, because I had forgotten.  

I love my new job.  It feels like a vacation.  I get to go in and drink free coffee from the lunch room every morning.  There is always someone new to talk to and get to know.  But honestly, the best part is that I am respected.  No one to call me crazy cat lady, want me to meow or say the most horrific things about my volunteering.  Instead, I am seen as an experienced compliance professional with much to add to the team.  I am given the ability to run with projects that I think would be beneficial to the firm.  There is nothing or no one standing in my way or telling me to stop thinking like I am at a big firm.  

I have a great boss and great co-workers.  They all want to see me succeed and be part of the team.  It is pretty awesome.  I feel like I belong.  

As I go off and explore this new city, I am very excited and hopeful that I will make it all that I can.  

Thanks to all my readers and rest assured, perhaps someday you will encounter a blog and say....hey, I think I know that girl.  

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! What a great report and how wonderful to see you happily employed. I love hearing that going to work feels like a vacation. It sure does, after unemployment I'm sure. Good for you! Miss you in the 'Nati, but happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask you to meow? I would like to think that's a joke, but I know it's probably not.

    Sounds like you have an incredible job ahead of you, and I hope it continues to be just what you were waiting for. Such a happy ending and a perfect last post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Long time since we've connected but I think about you from time to time -- and even your cats too.

    I'm so happy you finally found that wonderful position you'd been working so hard to find for far too long.

    Best of wishes to you as you continue in your employed life and I do hope to see you with a new blog :)

    ReplyDelete