Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Career Transition Plan 1: Bollywood Actress

A while ago, I was modeling for a photographer friend of mine. I realised I am probably (not probably, I really am) a bad poser; it felt awkward and unnatural to pose. But, we had such an interesting conversation. I was considering changing careers, talking about blogging and writing and you know how these things go. The next thing I knew, I was talking about trying to become a Bollywood actress. This is funny for two reasons: I'm blonde and definitely not Indian. But here are my foolproof steps to becoming a Bollywood actress:
  1. I will attempt to become a Bollywood actress and chronicle my experience on my blog.
  2. Somewhere, somehow, someone will have an actual Bollywood connection and connect me.
  3. Because I would seem exotic, I'd actually be cast in a Bollywood movie as a mute, initially, before I learned Hindi.
  4. Learn Hindi, be cast into speaking roles.
  5. Make lots of money, move to India and enjoy popularity as a Bollywood actress.
  6. Bring Bollywood to the common people in the U.S. Enjoy success as the person who did this.
  7. Never need to work every again. Continue blogging.
Like I said, foolproof. Now....anyone have a Bollywood connection?

No comments:

Post a Comment