Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Today's List

As a writer, I sometimes struggle with the mere task of typing a sentence that I actually like. But, it seems that I have an expanding audience and so, today, I will do my best on one of those days where I hate everything I write. Including those checks I just wrote to pay my bills. I guess I will just do my favourite thing to do, and create a list of what I've done this week.
  1. On Sunday, I went ice skating at the local outdoor rink with a few friends. Exercise after a brief sabbatical was not as difficult as I thought it would be.
  2. After ice skating I went to a local neighbourhood swap. You could swap stuff you didn't want for stuff you did.
  3. I picked up a friend from the airport, dropped her off and stayed for a minute to play with her cute, energetic kitten.
  4. On Monday, I had lunch with a former co-worker and discussed a job opportunity.
  5. Made a few calls, responded to some emails, drew up a customized resume for a very intriguing personal assistant job that I'd be the most awesome fit for.
  6. Day dreamed about personal assistant position and practiced interview questions in my head.
  7. Corresponded with my wounded significant other who found out he had a torn ligament in his shoulder. He said he was excited to see me today and that made my day.
  8. Today, I scheduled an interview with the former co-worker. It will be strange interviewing with former co-workers.
  9. Debated the merits of the two potential positions. Remembered that I also have a temp job in the wings (potentially, of course).
  10. Laundry, made a grilled cheese sandwich, made brownies for the injured man (I hear they have healing powers), held the needy cat for a while, cleaned up. I can't wait to see my significant other :)

No comments:

Post a Comment