Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Rolling...with the punches. I can do it.

It is really, really cold here. And I got my November to December electric bill and it was $160. So yesterday, I decided to turn my heat completely OFF. Brrrrrr! Well, I did turn it on for a little bit when my significant other was over. The electric blanket he so thoughtfully gave me for Christmas is really coming in handy. I have to say, it's one of the best ever presents. Very practical, especially right now, but just not something I would think to get for myself. I also have a little space heater that I am using in locations around the house where I can't use the blanket.
In addition to the high electric bill and recent Christmas presents, my car is on the fritz again. I know exactly what the problem is. But, I'm not sure if I will need it towed to the garage or not. I'm presently avoiding figuring this out because it's so cold out. Also, because it's going to be a $400+ repair along with an oil change, probably new spark plugs and a rear tail light that I need.
But, I need my car, so... I guess I should go and figure it all out.
In other news...well, there really is none at this time. I am still awaiting an interview call and a decision (not til mid-January) on another interview already conducted. While I was once hopeful, I have decided I cannot afford to be complacent in my hopefulness. It just seems like there is not much to do right now during another holiday week, but I am still looking and contacting for potential positions.
I enjoyed a wonderful evening with my significant other last night. I was struggling with some news I had received during the day and I am just really thankful that is he who he is. It is so amazing, and wonderful, to be able to truly trust someone so completely and unconditionally. I am very lucky to have him. I also noted this: I am usually the advice giver to people and usually the decision maker for myself and sometimes others, and generally believe that I know best. I am very independent and don't easily take advice from others without thinking of their ulterior motives for advising me a certain way.
With him, however, I am happy to follow his advice or decisions (not that I would ever do so completely blindly and without thinking for myself and he would not want me to). I told him that if he had to make a decision for the both of us ever, I would be able to follow it, knowing that he had put the utmost care and thought into his decision. I feel like this is an amazing breakthrough for me. I have never had the pleasure of trusting so implicitly and honestly, I feel so incredibly lucky...happy...relieved, perhaps, that with him, I would not be on my own in making decisions for us. I wouldn't have to be the only one to put all the thought and effort into planning or deciding something really, really important. I really respect his knowledge, his careful planning and ability to do this. It's oddly a huge relief and I love this about him. It's the best feeling in the world to feel confident in your partner. This is definitely a first for me and I'm really excited about it. I do not know our future together, but I wonder if this is what being in love feels like. Maybe for me, it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment