Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bostonia

One of the more depressing things I've had the pleasure to do this weekend is Boston housing research.  I own my place here and since I'd lose a ton of money if I sold it now, I will rent it to some lucky bastard and rent a cheap, small hole in Boston.  I feel like part of this would be so much easier if I didn't have 2 cats with which to concern myself.  I have to realistically determine what I need/want in a place.  For instance, since I will be gone 80% of the time, should I look to get a laundry service or make sure I have a washer/dryer in my space (note to self: research laundry services).  Where should I live?  Close to the airport or close to the office?  Or in between?

Of course...I'm making the huge assumption that I will get this job.  I'm now quite tired from a few hours of researching, but I know what a huge difference it will make, to be able to make a well-informed decision about where to live.  

My overly-honest pie hole once again reveled in too much honesty last night and I think I really hurt visitor man's feelings.  I just didn't think he actually liked me.  Not that much, I mean I'm quite likable and all, but after having gone out only once, and living in different states and not answering my question about when he'd be back...well....I guess I figured he thought it was a fun time, but he'd have to go check out some other birds in other places and probably wasn't all too interested in a steady bird.  While he is quite lovely, I don't think that he'd be willing to give me the 97.4% complete and focused attention that I, at the moment, require.  I'm tired of having to be the unselfish person in a relationship and so, someone must pay me close attention should he like to win my heart.  
 
Oh, well...I wasn't sure it was going to work even if I would like to have tried.  I think I really just need a local bloke, so that he can give me 97.4% complete attention.  I guess I will wait until my arrival in Boston to continue looking.
But, after a weekend of great debauchery, bock beer and shenanigans with all my friends, and a little sunshine, I can't say life is anything but grand.  My favourite quote of the weekend came after my bestie and I were one of only 2 or three couples dancing (in front of a few hundred people) and of course, we were the only same-sex couple dancing (because we are friends, not because we are dating).  And she saw an intern she had to on-board on Monday so we went to go apply some teamwork principles and try to drag her into dancing with us.  This young little intern (who was what, all of 22 or so?) said that she and her beau had been watching us dance and he said, "Wow, they are definitely not shy."  So, I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but heck, we were the only two people having the time of our lives and not giving a flying fig about what anyone else though.  It was lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment