Thursday, March 25, 2010

Heartbreaker

Today was just one of those days.  Okay, so it's been one of those weeks.  Mayhem and foolishness.  

Two..three things happened...maybe four things worth noting happened today.

1.  The balls-to-the-wall tough interview with Boston.  It was tough.  I respected that.

2.  The ex-man-boy told me to eff off basically.  Apparently nothing will ever be good enough for me. And when I say, "I think we have different communication styles.  I want to sit down with you and talk.  You don't seem up to the effort of having drinks or dinner or whatever.  Which is fine, but I bend to what you want and I want you to do what I want for once.  That's all." it "pisses [him] off." Should it really  make him angry when I point out his selfishness.  So, he decided to "say eff it, because nothing will ever be good enough for you."  Wow.  So... you'd rather just eff it, because I pointed out that not once in the whole time you've known me, have you ever just gone out for drinks, dinner...whatever, just to talk!!  Are we really relegated to a juvenile text messaging relationship?  I'm sorry T, as much as I (used to) like you, I just can't get with that.  No, selfishness and never doing something I want, no something I need, is just beyond you.  Nice.  Thanks.  As Esteban would put it, hey...leave him in the rear view mirror if that's where he wants to be.  Thanks, SR.  I will remember that wise piece of advice always.  

3.  After said long day, I was able to contact my crack team of drinkers (thank you, C.W.)  who agreed to a drink at my local watering hole.  It helped immensely that the waiter likes to hit on me.  Oh, yes.  He told me that I smell good.  Asked my age.  Asked if I was dating anyone.  Oh when, dear waiter bloke, will all this attention earn me a free drink?!  

4.  Okay, so maybe 5 things happened to me today.  I'm saving the best for last.  I quit the leadership thing today and I think that I did it in such a manner as to extricate myself in the most professional manner possible. 
5.  Last, but certainly not least... Visitor man continues to be supportive, calling me and might even squeeze in a quick trip to see me before he leaves for Europe on Monday.  He better stop before I become a smitten kitten. 

And now, back to the music....  they call me heartbreaker...I don't want to deceive ya.... if you fall for me, I'm not easy to please....

No comments:

Post a Comment