Monday, March 1, 2010

Fiona and Her Blanket

I have a cat who is, no joke, addicted to this electric blanket.  MY electric blanket.  We literally fight over it.  And I win, because I am bigger (never said that before).  But she still tries to find even one tiny corner to park her skinny little cat bum anyways.  It's kind of cute, but I never turn the darn thing off, which I think can't be good.  We'll find out when something burns or the electric shorts.  And Other Cat vies for my lap while meowing forlornly, as though I have banished her.

A busy day...week for me.  I have been working on cleaning since 10am this morning when I was jolted awake by a phone call (hope I did not have morning voice for Mr. Recruiter).  So, either this Friday or next Friday I shall be interviewing in Boston...but he didn't give me a final answer today!  I also went to get my size 6 bum kicked by my trainer at the gym.  After a great yoga session yesterday and training today, I'm going to be sore tomorrow; I can totally feel it.  I ran home, gobbled up some chicken picatta and held Fat Cat for a while while resting my eyeballs.  Then it was off to babysit for a networking event.  No childrens showed up, so home again, home again, jiggety jig...and $20 later...

I'm delaying the last part of cleaning: clothes.  Ugh, I hate, hate doing this.  You'd think I was 14 again, but no, I'm 29 and I can't stand putting clothes away.  Yeah, just the putting clothes away part.  I think it was because I didn't have my own dresser until I bought my condo.  I shared one with my sister when I was little and I didn't have one really until I bought one about 2 years ago.  But I detest this chore over all else.  I even cleaned out and rearranged the vanity in the bathroom before I attempted this onerous chore.  Actually, I cleaned it out with "I might be moving to a small, expensive apartment in Boston" in mind.  Chucked half things of stuff that I know I'll never use and are like 2 or more years old.  It's such a good feeling.  Maybe I can get myself motivated to do that to everything else in my condo over the next 2 weeks.

So, tomorrow, I am giving myself time in the morning to get dressed, straighten my hair, last-minute cleaning and tidying up (hopefully there isn't much left to do after tonight).  Then, it's off to lunch with a colleague who will tell me all there is to know about this job I'm interviewing for in Boston, meet up with handsome bloke and then... I have no idea what to do with said handsome bloke.  

Okay, okay...off to clean and let Fiona have her electric blanket back.  Ex-man-boy might as well have bought me an electric cat bed for Christmas, for all it gets used for these days. 


No comments:

Post a Comment