Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I'm looking so cute, I'm looking so fine....

I've begun in earnest the journey of losing a few pounds.  Preferably by July 31, 2010 which is my baby sister's wedding and I am to fit into a dress and look adorable.  In this journey which includes as many hours as possible at the gym (okay only like one hour daily so far), it's also about eating healthy.  This generally gets me in trouble as I do not like fruits and veggies so much.  I don't buy cookies and snacky stuff, however, so that is a good start.

I know, I know.  You are all so incredulous.  No, I don't even eat corn.  Sorry, it's totally a texture thing, I think.  My mum should have stuck with baby food...now that texture, I can get with.  So before my 30th birthday on August 16, if I haven't already  mentioned it, my goal is to be able to include 10 veggies and fruits into my daily menu.  So far it's been tomatoes and onions.  Salsa, in other words.  And chicken chili.  I like strawberries and love love love pineapple!  But it is hard for me to actually buy, bring home and then eat all that.  I think it's the preparation factor. 

Even though none of the fat has left my body yet, I am surprised by the confidence I feel, once again, since I have started working out regularly (only on day 3 but that's progress!).  So tonight I'm rocking a jean skirt, leggings and a t-shirt (XS, thank you) that isn't shaped like a maternity shirt.  Oh, and cute flats of course.  Just wearing something cute and other than pj pants or jeans and a t-shirt is so confidence inspiring.  I should do this more often.

In other news, I have a phone interview tomorrow with Boston.  It was scheduled for today but they forgot to tell me about it.  Also, visitor man continues to grow on me, quite steadily.  I want to talk to him more though.  His work schedule is bizarre.  He will be away for two weeks in Europe (I tell him countless times how jealous I am that he is going to Amsterdam and he says he will bring me back stroopwafels.  The man knows what stroopwafels are!!).  Swoon.  I love really smart, intelligent, nerdy people who know a lot of things.  It's so hot.  
 
I will also be cat-sitting this weekend which I am totally excited about as they are young cats...kittens!  Well, I don't know how kitteny, but I just love cats.  I'm also going to Denver in a few weeks and I scored a day long kitchen-baking-helper-dishwasher-whatever else-gig after I get back from Denver!  I'm sooo excited about all these fun things that are coming my way.  
Don't look now, but that might be a good mood beaming from my effervescent little face.




No comments:

Post a Comment