Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sundried Tomato Pesto

I made this yesterday and it actually made quite a bit.  I gave half of it to my  neighbour.  It was quite good.

4 oz. sundried tomatoes
2 TBSP fresh basil
1 TBSP fresh parsley
1 TBSP chopped garlic
1/4 cup of pine nuts
3 TBSP chopped onion
Blend these ingredients first in a food processor or blender.

1/4 cup basalmic vinegar
1/3 cup of crushed tomatoes
1/4 cup of red wine
Next, blend in these ingredients

1/2 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
Stir in these last two ingredients, salt to taste.

I didn't add quite as much olive oil and added a little more parmesan cheese and I would say it didn't hurt it at all.  I ate it over some fresh mozzarella, but you could also use it as a tapenade or for bruschetta.  Sorry I don't have the requisite picture...yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment