Friday, March 26, 2010

Myday

Fridays are usually my days.  When I first entered the realm of unemployment, Fridays were like cleaning days.  But when  you're home 24/7 to messy things up, just one day a week for a few hours doesn't keep up with the mess.  

But I have cleaning ADD.  I start with cleaning out a dresser drawer, dumping everything onto the bed so I can decide what fits, what doesn't, what might and what will definitely never fit again.  Then I decide dishes have to be done.  Return to drawer mess, decide sheets need washing.  Then I grab the towels.  I hang dry a lot of things so things don't shrink (I hardly need that right now).  So then I grab all that off the drying rack and bring it upstairs, but wait...that drawer.  So I fold some stuff and figure out what I want in each drawer.  One is for pants, one is for nice shirts and tanks and camis.  And the other one for workout stuff.  So, what goes in the other one?   Oh, casual stuff, okay.  So now the entire contents of four drawers are amassed atop my sheetless bed. 

I think it might be time to go vacuum, but before I do, I must pick up the ten pairs of shoes by the door and put them away.  Which requires a trip upstairs to the bedroom.  I open the closet and decide there are probably a dozen pairs of shoes that I don't wear any more and wouldn't my sister probably like them?  So I go through the shoes.  

Focus, Lucy, focus.


No comments:

Post a Comment