Sunday, March 21, 2010

Lately, I've been...

I love titling my blogs with the first few words that come to mind that describe the over all emotion of what I want to convey in the entry.  

This past week, while filled with some disappointments over not having an interview in Boston yet, has been filled with other things that I have found necessary to my survival as a social human being: human interaction.  I've had less interaction with visitor man and I miss the intelligent conversations, the peaceful demeanour and wisdom that I've come to sincerely enjoy from him. 

Previously, I've written about friends who dropped off and with whom I cannot reunite.  Fortunately, God has graced me with new friends whom I heartily embrace because I need them so much (if they only knew, it might scare them).  Hopefully I do not scare them away with my unemployed self (which is very different than the employed self).  

I went thrift store shopping (which is a phrase I have difficulty verbally pronouncing so it's good this is in written form) with a new friend.  It was a ton of fun and we found some great stuff.  Since it was such a nice day, we went to a local park where I'd never really hung out, and ate our cheap McDonald's lunches.  After a nice nap, my neighbour called and we went to get coffee, then decided to walk across the river to sit, eat and talk for as long as we felt like it.  It took us an hour, each way!  But it was the kick in the pants that we needed to get ourselves into the gym this morning.

And here is where I vowed to wake up at 8:30 every morning from now on and walk/run for an hour or more each day.  I also started rowing again.  Unfortunately, not on the river, but just at the gym.  But I can close my eyes and imagine the smooth calmness of the water and imagine slicing my shell through the river with the fluid movements that require strength, intense concentration and coordinated balance.  I can imagine how those movements allow the negative energies to leave my mind and allow myself to be filled with positive energy and happiness.

In addition, I have been reading a book called "The Soulmate Secret."  While I'm not entirely sure I believe in asking the Universe for what I want, I wholeheartedly embraced the idea of letting go those past boyfriends and living a life that I would be proud to show my soulmate, should he arrive on the scene at any given moment. 

Today, as I do laundry and contemplate my life, my loves and my future, I will attempt to do it with deliberate and purposeful thoughts, meditating on what I want from my life in the next days, weeks, months and years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment