Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cat Whisperer

Today I went into the city for a 15 minute meeting.  Yes, a 2 hour trip, arrived 3 hours early, and for only a 15 minute face to face meeting with a recruiter.  His office was across from Macy's, so of course I had plenty to do to kill an extra three hours.  $8, a coffee, water and snack later...I was able to merely cross the street and change my shoes and go to my meeting.

While I was in Macy's, I found enough things to covet to spend my first year of paychecks.  I see how easy it is to become materialistic here, and want, and or need, to have the latest fashions.  In the midwest, I could only dream of such timely fashions, so many choices and so many things in my size!!  Except shoes.  

I am also apparently the cat whisperer.  My friend who I am staying with has a shy little kitty named Sasha.  Sasha only comes out at night when things are perfectly still and quiet and then she runs around.  I saw her once when she was in the closet, hiding in her little cat tree and she purred and purred when I petted her.  Yesterday she was hiding behind the couch and I petted her some more and she purred so happily.  Tonight she was hiding behind the bookcase and a little while after my friend left to do laundry, little miss kitty came out to play!  She wanted me to pet her and of course, I did.  She even got a little meowy when I walked away to wash a dish, then she went and hid again.

But now...she is laying on the couch with me, belly up (this shows trust when cats do this) and she is just squeaking at me and pawing at the air, just rolling around as happy as can be.  It's so cute!  I'm glad she finally feels comfortable in her new home to be out and about.  I'm not sure what it is about me, but I can usually make animals feel comfortable around me.  It's just a thing.  Cat Lady thing, probably.


No comments:

Post a Comment