Saturday, June 19, 2010

T Minus 1 Day

T minus 2 days was yesterday and I was too busy to post much.  I was just packing and then had a little get together at my favourite local watering hole.  It was great to see everyone who came out...some unexpected, so old friends and many new ones too.  All in all, the kind of send off with my favourite people that I would have liked to have.

I keep wondering if I am ready or if I am doing the right thing.  I don't sleep well and wake up unrested more than anything else.  I am doing my last minute packing and I am pretty sure I have enough clothes.  I have to fit in my makeup kit plus another kit with the things I will need to use tomorrow morning and my makeshift garment bag.  Pick up from the airport has been confirmed, but I will need to probably get myself on the subway with what I am told, will be tons of people coming back to the city.  I will probably get up at 6am just to make sure everything is in order, and to spend a little bit more time with the cats before I leave.  I will also need to look to see which subway line I need to take into Brooklyn, where I will be staying.  

This evening I am going to a BBQ at a friend's place and I think that will be the perfect last evening here.  I am bringing my A&W root beer to drink instead of imbibing alcoholic beverages, just so I can make sure I wake up on time in the morning and have all of my wits about me.  

Reality is starting to set in a little bit, but I think it will be most real when my friend picks me up at the airport.  I think I will feel nervous and scared.  But I am sticking to my guns and as confident as I am about getting the job I want, I know it is going to happen.

Well, I have just another hour to finish cleaning before I get ready for the BBQ....it feels like the beginning of the end for me here.  What a brave new world I am about to discover...

No comments:

Post a Comment