Sunday, June 27, 2010

List of Lists

Gross Things People Do on the Subway

  1. Pick their nose
  2. Trim their nails
  3. Chew with their mouth open
  4. Clean out their ears
Things I Wish I Had With Me
  1. Portia and Fiona
  2. My coffee maker
  3. Sheets and towels
  4. Work out clothes
  5. Nail polish remover and nail clippers
  6. Portia and Fiona
What I Bought on My First Grocery Store Trip
  1. Bread
  2. Peanut Butter
  3. Garden Vegetable Pasta
  4. Sundried Tomato Alfredo Sauce
  5. Chicken Nuggets
Total cost: $13.98

What I Have Treated Myself to So Far
  1. Starbucks (twice, but is it a splurge or a necessity?)
  2. Pretzel
  3. Butter Pecan Ice Cream
  4. Peroni (just 1, I was watching the US v. Ghana game)
Total cost (approx.): $20
Conclusion: Clearly I need to stop treating myself.

What I Will Be Doing This Week
  1. Praying that my condo gets rented
  2. Moving into my new room
  3. Phone Interview (because the hiring manager is located in Boston)
  4. Buying/finding an air mattress for my new room.
  5. Probably buying/finding sheets and towels too.
  6. Doing laundry
  7. Trying to figure out how to hang dry said laundry
  8. Missing Portia and Fiona
  9. Job Search Stuff
  10. Go to the Met
I'm not sure if I miss my former city yet, but I definitely miss having all the amenities of my own place and of course, my babies, Portia and Fiona.  I miss them terribly, and while I try not to think about it, I do notice that at the end of a long day, I am looking around for little P-cat to look up at me with her big yellow eyes and want to sit on my lap.  Just the familiarity and comfortability of my two closest companions would be so, so nice.  

I found a room to rent, but I had to commit to 2 months.  I figure I will be here about that long anyways.  I will spend my 30th birthday here.  I will have to leave my kittens and be away from them for that long.  I will have to hope against hope that my condo will be rented, then I will have to deal with how to get it all packed up and stored.  And, at the end of August, unless the Senate and Congress pass an extension, I will be done with my benefits and probably will have to come home.  I can't fathom being without my cats for that long.  And, if nothing works out here in NYC, I still do have the possibility of the Atlanta contract possibly working out soon as well.  Something just has to give soon, and I believe it will.   


No comments:

Post a Comment