Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Moving Day

I am making a big deal about moving day, but as someone pointed out, aren't I just moving one suitcase?  Yes, but you see, it is a 50+ pound suitcase, half my own weight and it is two hours and two trains away.  Plus I have accumulated another bag.  Then I have to go buy an AeroBed and wait for my sheets and towels to arrive.  Exhausting work!  I am actually just intimidated by getting on the subway with all that.  I may decide to use a taxi or car service, but it won't be cheap.  

But you know what I like best about moving day?  I can drink a beer in the middle of the day if I want to.  I mean, don't all moving days include beer and pizza?  Both of which I had for my lunch a few minutes ago.  What I dislike is that it is just another situation to adjust to, as I have never before had roommates.  And these are 26 year old boy roommates.  I shall call them man-boys, because they have graduate degrees and are working currently.  So, 26 year old man-boys.  

I am leaving behind Sasha Scaredy Cat and my hostess on Coney Island, and I am sure I will be welcomed into the arms of the city, which shall promptly swallow up my savings with such available amenities as dry cleaning, laundromats, bars, restaurants and all other sorts of entertainment and necessities one could ever imagine wanting or needing.  

Before I leave, however, I must pack, take a shower and shave my legs and go find an ATM and some cash.  Oh, and I do have to give a recruiter a call.  My, I am exhausted just thinking about all of that.  I think I will take a nap first, since I did not get much sleep last night.... zzzz...zzzzzzzzzz...zzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment