Wednesday, June 16, 2010

T Minus 4 Days

So, only four more day until I am in NYC!  I have much to do but have already accomplished much.  Much is going on...minor family crisis with my younger sister who has cancelled her wedding.  While I think it is a good thing long term, she is at a low point and so young to have to deal with what she has been dealing with. 

I have a variety of outfits ready to rock and just need to pick up my shoes from the cobbler, now made more difficult by not having a car.  So I went and bought 8 bus tokens to facilitate this.  I figure if I can figure this out, it will give me a bit of confidence in NYC.  I am constantly thinking about my plan of attack there next week.  Every day I believe I will head into the city as early as possible and probably find a Starbucks or some other public place from which I can conduct searches, respond to emails and just generally be available to hop a train to a last minute meeting or interview.

Today started out slow; I felt really out of sorts as I have not been able to sleep much.  My knees and lower legs ache at night and makes me completely restless.  I don't know if this is a result of walking a lot more or stress, or RLS or...well, no, it is definitely not growing pains.  Feels like that though.  I went to get coffee and my bus tokens then walked home.  Awaiting me was a ridiculous letter from my parents who refuse to take care of my cats because they think I duped them and am actually going to NYC to visit a boy.  Well, I am not.  I delineated in five points my strong case against their absurd accusations.  I know respect towards parents is a good thing, but seriously, I cannot even respect their assumptions and reaction.  That their happened to be a boy in NYC, sure...convenient, whatever...but I decided against messing around with visiting him because need my laser focus on my job search and I don't want to hassle with someone else.  It IS all about ME.  

I actually really like the email I sent them in response.  I felt strongly that I remained true to myself and whether or not they can support or condone my job search and/or my life partner search...and how I conduct either...is really not a concern of mine any more.  I know what I am doing is right for me.  What else can I do?  

I am a strong, confident and independent woman who, when faced with a difficult and life-altering situation, has the gumption, resources and determination to not let it get the best of her.  I am a fighter and nothing is going to keep me down.  I can honestly say I am proud of what I am doing.  I have no shame in how I have conducted myself because I have integrity.  I am intelligent and insatiably curious and relish exploration of my options in life.  If that means my parental units cannot accept that I am willing to leave what they consider safe, I cannot help that.  I am authentic, real and genuine.  I take risks.  And by taking risks, I know I am going to end up with the best that I can get out of life...in a job, in a man, in friends, in anything.

I dare the world, or anyone, to bring it on.  I just dare you.  Be warned that there is no match for my resolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment