Friday, February 12, 2010

Boston

I am happy to report that after my anger and bitterness of yesterday, I have awoken with renewed hope and happiness.  Well, happiness is relative isn't it?  I'm sure I'm not as happy as I could be, or used to be, but for these days...I'm relatively happy.  

I have been contemplating my next possible move in this great game of life.  It's a lot like chess.  Or, so I think.  I don't know how to play chess, but my understanding is that it's a game of strategery, forecasting and making sacrifices in order to win.  I feel like I have it in me to move to another city.  A clean, fresh start.  As much as I love, Love, LOVE my condo here (among many, many other things and people), and constantly think of so many ways to decorate and improve it, part of me wants a fresh start.  



Since I plan to attend graduate school in the fall of 2011, and Harvard is my #1 choice, a move to Boston would be quite apropos.  I do have a possible solution for getting there and I need to make some calls today to get that going.  Ideally, I would live in a warm and sunny place but I have lived in the barren hinterlands of the Great White North (also known as Michigan) and of the armpit of the Midwest (also known as Ohio) so a city like Boston, while from a weather perspective is not ideal, I could definitely handle.  And perhaps a greater supply of single, eligible men would be available.  Not to mention just a big, historical city.

I visited Boston this past September and I really, really enjoyed it. Below is a picture of myself and my friend who went with me.  We did not get to see the ship that was involved in the Boston Tea Party as it was undergoing repairs, so that in itself would be reason enough to return.  

I particularly enjoyed staying near Little Italy and would consider living there.  Cafe Paradiso was my favourite morning cappucino spot and I could see myself hanging out there frequently.  They had the best, most authentic Italian cappucinos. 

Well,  I am babysitting this weekend and need to get my things ready to go.  I have a phone call or two to make and some resumes to ship out.  And right now...a big, fat cat on my lap who is purring happily... and somewhere, Delinquent Cat is hiding from my wrath.

4 comments:

  1. Hello "Lucy"...first of all, have to say, I love your blog! I check it out before I check out jobs, before I clean, do laundry, etc. (Moi, unfocused, never!) Your details of highs/lows comfort me in my long term unemployment. I'm rooting for you..wherever you land.

    But, you need to take back that "armpit of the Midwest dig", some of us other great, creative pps live here, too.
    Good Luck!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat, I'm so glad you're reading! Thanks! To be honest, I have enjoyed my stay in the Queen City and there are some really great people and things here. All of whom, without, I wouldn't be who I am today. Best of luck in your unemployment and your job search!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, now I know you're a crazy Michigander originally, but some of us are from this "armpit" you call Ohio, yo (with all its goods and bads)! And besides, aren't armpits located a little higher on the body anyway...more like between the Michigan and the Huron? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I am in the mood for a new move too. A new city with fresh horizons! Good luck with the grad school application - I'm hoping to take my GRE but haven't felt motivated to study yet. It will come soon I'm sure. 2012 is the year I hope to start.

    What do you want to study?

    ReplyDelete