Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Take Your Cat(s) to Work Day

I just think everyone should have the opportunity to bring their kitties to work.  That's all.

The most exciting part of my day so far, other than the Chipotle lunch I treated myself to is hearing back from that contact (we shall just call him Ace, as he was the ace up my sleeve).  Ace contacted this certain employer who is interested in talking to me.  In fact, my background would make me an excellent candidate at the firm and there is quite a bit of work to do in Brasil and would I be interested in that? he wanted to know.  Would I be?  I cannot think of anything better!!  Ace relayed that I certainly had the language background and thought I was mobile. 

I spoke to who I will now refer to as Chaz, and Chaz wants me to come in for an interview in the Boston, MA area.  I am so, so excited!  This would be an on the road 75-80% of [most of] the time.  I'd initially stay pretty close to Boston, but knowing I have the language experience, he could put me on any urgent situations in Brazil or elsewhere.  I need to consider relocating and being on the road that much.  At this point in my life, the only concern I have would be for my kitties...I would miss them a lot and I would need someone to watch them!

My heart is palpitating, I'm shivering (maybe because it's 59 degrees in my place), I'm nervous and want to ace this interview.  Oh, now I need to buy a new outfit and shoes; I need to look my BEST. 

In other news, my grandfather passed away this morning.  It is for the best as he was very ill with MS.  RIP Grandpa J.


1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS! That sounds like the perfect opportunity! Yay languages!

    ReplyDelete