Saturday, February 20, 2010

Friday Night Lights

Last night I went to a new restaurant opening in my neighbourhood.  This is a big deal, as is my neighbourhood, as it is the location of 2001 race riots where part of the city was on lock-down (guess where I live).  I LOVE my neighbourhood and I did a lot of research before deciding where I wanted to buy a house.  I bought a condo and haven't looked back since.  

The new restaurant was so busy on opening night that the hostess seated my friend GG and I at a 6-top.  With two other couples who didn't know each other.  By the end of the evening, we were all fast friends and vowed to come back and do this again, some with significant other additions.  It makes me so happy that 6 perfect strangers can come together and over food, become good friends.  And, the food was good.  Particularly the truffle fries, which I will definitely be going back for.  I can definitely see myself hanging out at the bar for drinks and truffle fries.  I just love, love, love having a neighbourhood hangout spot.

After eating, GG and I went to the CAC for the opening of Shephard Fairey's exhibit.  It was phenomenal, but I'll have to go back as it was super-crowded and hard to really enjoy the art.  I met up with friends at a local hotel bar and (still not drinking), made some more new friends.  One of the young lads I met is actually moving into my neighbourhood (if the condo negotiations are successful) and that is exciting. We bar-hopped for the night, I danced one salsa dance (very badly), did not drink (yay for me, but I really wanted a glass of wine!) and ate pizza.  I saw one of the guys from my leadership group that I hadn't met yet and introduced myself.  He is nice. 

And there is the old ME!  Coming back...  It's amazing how much more attractive I am when I'm happy.  Ah...

No comments:

Post a Comment