Thursday, February 25, 2010

On My Way to Employmentville

I had been on a pretty good schedule of taking a Tylenol PM an hour before I wanted to go to bed, wind down with some tele, then actually sleep.  I would then be able to get up at a reasonable hour and make progress in the job search realm.  Sans the Tylenol PM, I'm having a hard time with that sleep part and I don't end up out of bed til (I'm embarrassed to admit this) around 11am.  Then I check emails and such til noon with a cup of coffee and then I consider how I will spend the rest of my day.  

Yesterday I went and bought a new suit for my interview.  Turns out my old size 2 bum is now a size 6 and I freaked out!  So I also spent an hour at the gym and signed up for a few training sessions that I've already paid for but haven't used yet.  I intend to have that snug size 6 be a little less snug, if not by the time of my interview, then by the time I (hopefully) get hired by the company!

The job would involve moving to the Boston area, of course, and I would be on the road like 80% of the time.  I'd buy a new wardrobe filled with wrap dresses and wrinkle-proof suits.  I'd have to looke100% amazing, smart and capable 500% of the time.  I've actually worked with this company's consultants before and I was always amazed at how fresh, well-dressed, professional and talented they all were.  And that's why I want to work there.

So...there it is.  I have a new suit and now I'm in pursuit of new shoes.  I am wondering where the closed-toe pump in basic black went.  Everything seems open-toed now and that is not acceptable for professional work (I guess unless you're a professional dancer or something).  Of course, I'm working with only shoes that come in 4.5 and unfortunately it's not a lot.  Thank you, Nordstrom, for having more of my size than any other major retailer.

And oh, the kittens!  Whatever will I do with them if I am on the road presumably from Monday through Friday?!  I don't know that I want a roommate because if I'm spending the majority of my time on the road, I want to come home and relax.  I'll figure something out for sure.

4 comments:

  1. I have a couple of pairs of shoes you may borrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll tell you my #1 shopping secret, just for you and your great opportunity. It's Nordstrom's Rack. And Neiman's Last Call. Sak's Off the Firth. And the new Bloomie's Outlets. You'll find all sorts of designer names at great prices. I have great professional Coach heels, BCBG stilettos, to-die-for sexy Cole Haan heels, etc and a wide range of shoes from the eccentric to the profressional and my personally shopping rule: never pay more than $40 for a pair and the MUST be comfortable. I've yet to be disappointed.

    If there aren't any in your area, there are tons out east. I'm not sure if you can wait or want to risk it but I'm sure you would find many perfect closed-toe heels rather than the Spring lines hitting department stores now.

    Best of luck as you prepare! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a black pair of pumps with little tassles on them. Let me know if you want to give them a try. I also have that reddish brown pair from Anne Taylor that you helped me pick out.

    ReplyDelete