Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Life in General

Life in general at the moment is about recovering.  Recovering from being sick, which is still in progress.  Recovering from being in a relationship and now becoming friends.  Recovering from unemployment, by hopefully becoming employed this week or soon.  Recovering from the effects of eating things full of sugar, cream and butter, and from the soothing effects of a drink, by getting back to the gym and eating healthy. 

During my moment of recovery, I've become the ultimate introvert.  This is hardly imaginable for many who know me, but as a friend of mine told me this evening, is that we really only truly, chemically change when we have time completely to ourselves to think about....everything, basically.  I believe that I needed to become an introvert--someone who gets their energy or recharges by being alone--in order to learn through this process of recovery.  And, in order to get through it. 

I'm constantly enveloped in my own thoughts.  I rarely escape the cacophony of worries, fears, sadness, hopes, dreams and realities in my own mind.  My hopes often drowned out by sadness occasionally find their way to the surface, present fleeting distraction, but are necessary to my recovery process.

I struggle to find ways to break out of the prison of my own mind.  I feel like it kept me from being the best girlfriend, and now friend, that I could be.  Does anyone know how I do this?




No comments:

Post a Comment