Monday, February 22, 2010

Playing the Game

This morning I pulled that ace out of my sleeve and put it into play.  The ace being that contact (former colleague) that thinks extremely highly of me and my talents, has a good business relationship with a coveted employer in Boston that pays well and has good benefits.  It's a strong, self-funded company and offers a premier product to the investment world.  Ladies and gentlemen, I am making my move.  I have upped the ante and I am all in.  In it to win it.  

I'm also making progress in other areas, such as my laptop.  Crazy Cat did not manage to completely screw it up, gracas a Deus..  It still boots up to Windows and connects to the internet.  I let it dry for a few days, popped all the keys off and did some light cleaning inside with alcohol (rubbing alcohol that is, the bottle of tequila is for me).  I was able to get my files off and save it to my handy dandy thumb drive without resorting to the Geek Squad, and saved myself $99.  I will be sending it back in to HP, however, as some of the keys do not work.  

I also had a recruiter email me to get my resume in a Word doc format, so I am hoping that this is an indication that good things are on the way...or at least, a job.  This was for a position I applied for through a job site and is also in Boston, MA.  The position sounds like a great fit for my experience and background, as well as career level. 

Not much else is new.  I still do not know what Google Fiber is...sounds like a breakfast cereal to me. 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, hope you get the job! :)

    The sad part is - I'm pretty sure if Google DID make a breakfast cereal, everyone would eat it.

    ReplyDelete