Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 210

Today Portia and I ate Chicken McNuggets together.  I had returned my cable box and some articles of clothing I had purchased for an interview (thank you, expanding waistline) but had not needed, and I was quite hungry.  During my last few days of self-imposed misery I had eaten little more than a half a loaf of bread of some multi-grain variety with a lot of butter, and some noodle soup.  Whomever invented bread and butter, and I honestly think it was the Dutch, should be greatly rewarded in the afterlife.  But I digress.

After I ran errands, I decided to treat myself to protein and settled on McDonald's as it was across from the mall.  I had intended only to buy a 4 piece for a dollar but then remembered here in Ohio, a 4 piece is not on the dollar menu.  The kids meal was $3.20 and the 10 piece McNugget meal was $4.95.  According to my lightning fast calculations, the 10 piece meal was a better deal.  I ate all 10 nuggets and the fries.  The Coca-Cola (regular, of course) left a slightly chemical taste in the back of my throat so I didn't finish it.  For those of you who know me, eating all that is quite a feat.  But I had help.
As I was sitting in front of my computer, Portia lept onto my lap and grabbed the half eaten nugget out of my hand and ran off to enjoy her spoil.  She returned for seconds.  What an emboldened cat I have. 

Now that I no longer have cable until next football season, I have to actually do stuff during the day.  My condo might actually get cleaned up.  Since I don't have to keep it neat for regular company, I generally do not keep it neat at all.  After all, I would not want to let my mother down.  I like to live up to her expectations.  

I enjoyed the company of my new neighbour, KK, today as well.  His lady love needed a cake pan so I brought one over.  Then we walked to the Contemporary Arts Center and went for a coffee.  I came home and now all of a sudden it is almost 10:30pm.  I will watch some 30 Rock and The Office on NBC and continue holding fat cat who wants nothing more in this life than to be attached at the hip with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment